Sunday, February 19, 2017

The Ezra Levant Horror Show and the Con Bigots



As you know, when I heard that Kellie Leitch had described Ezra Levant's latest bigot fest as a meeting of "severely normal people" I was naturally sceptical.

For how could anyone call a meeting organized by Levant and his scummy Rebel gang, and starring four Con candidates, and the bloated homophobe Charles McVety, anything but a freak show? 

But then a reader sent me a video of the sordid event and I was absolutely horrified.



For have you ever seen such a ghastly collection of bigots and losers? 

Or heard such foul excrement pouring out of so many putrid pie holes?

And I really had to wonder how this young Muslim woman made it out of that freak show alive. 

Surrounded by people who likely hated me, I wasn't sure if I was exaggerating the amount of glares I noticed. "Are they looking at me?" I asked my companions nervously. "Um, yes," they responded.

No thanks to the depraved behaviour of the "Rebel Commander."

Towards the end of the speeches, my coworkers and I decided to stand up and observe the room and hopefully mingle towards the end. Spotting us standing by a wall, the creator of Rebel Media took it as an opportunity to shout of to the crowd from his stage about how VICE News didn't cover a specific story he found important.

And his equally ugly supporters...



In response, the crowd booed at us, gleefully yelling "fake news!" and "cuck!" at a group of four people in their 20s—one containing the only visible Muslim in the room.

Sitting at a Tim Hortons to regroup, as Canadians do when really weird shit goes down, we kept looking at each other and asking, "Did this really happen?" Did I sit around while thousands of people rallied around their right to hate me and my family just two weeks after an Islamophobic mass murder?

But while I too find it hard to believe that this is really happening in Canada. So soon after that horrible massacre.

I'm not surprised that Levant would use an alleged threat as yet another fundraising opportunity. 

Or that he would have the nerve to call somebody else a "sexist pig."



Or portray himself as a martyr instead of a bully, as only that Con hog could.

But what I also know is that this poisonous bigotry is spreading. 

Police are investigating whether an anti-Islam rally held on the doorstep of a mosque in the heart of downtown Toronto Friday had any criminal element and whether it could be considered a hate crime.

So we need to join the Canadian resistance.

And stand up for our Canadian values...



Before these Con monsters kill our country...



Do it, do it now.

Unite to fight the right.

Or regret it forever...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need to get behind Justin Trudeau.

Anonymous said...

She makes a couple good points Simon. There were immigrants who escaped/fled Islamic countries in support of the rally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3PGYgv8WbM

-MC

Anonymous said...

PS the blonde woman with the glasses in your top pic isn't doing a Sieg Heil. You're spreading fake propaganda.

-MC

David said...

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/the-tories-approach-a-point-of-no-return/

Anonymous said...

Are they saying we need to screen the immigrants of Abrahamics faiths and others for extreme right wing tendencies because terrorism is almost an exclusively a right wing phenomenon since 80s. Terrorism, honour killings, forced marragages, FGM, sex selective abortion all committed by conservative hold outs to modernity.

David said...

It appears Anon wants to lump all conservatives together. Bad idea.

Simon said...

hi anon...don't worry Justin can handle himself. The Cons and some disaffected Dippers might think they can beat him. But the truth is they don't stand a chance. And when the time comes we'll make sure they understand that...

Simon said...

hi MC...take a good look at that tape I ran again. Read what most sane people are saying about Levant and his gang. He is just a bigot huckster. According to Frank Magazine he's living in a big fancy home and driving a Hummer. And sooner or later the law will catch up with him...

Simon said...

hi MC...I have no idea what that woman is doing by extending her arm in that way. For all I know she's trying to catch a fly to offer it up to Ezra. But if you look at the big picture surely you can't believe that they are a good cross section of Canada. Hate makes a person twisted, and it shows in their faces...

Simon said...

hi David...I saw that and I must say I'm very encouraged. I like to think the Cons are rapidly approaching The Abyss. And when they fall to the bottom it will be almost impossible to crawl to of it...

Simon said...

hi anon...yes, it doesn't make sense. Stats show that right-wing groups and right-wing crazies are the most dangerous terrorists in North America. So by trying to obscure that fact, they are actually collaborating with them, and in my opinion should also all be arrested...

aka Joe said...

It never ceases to amaze me how we can live in a world where there's never been so much information out there and people can still be fooled by snake oil salesmen like Levant and his buddies. You'd think people would want to know the truth but alas. Guess it's just easier for them to find justification in their hate. Truly one of the biggest problems created by the internet is that now these extremists and outliers have a platform to reach the majority instead of just being those small fringe groups they deserve to be. I can't imagine living every day with that much hate in your heart...and then call yourself a Christian. Mind boggling.

Anonymous said...

Would some true conservatives please stand up? It would appear we have one. My list is way longer than that.